Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cornflake & Herb Crusted Fish

Dinner!

Being Good Friday and all I decided to cook fish for dinner. I always love fish served on a bed of mash and decided to use up my fridge supplies to make a pumpkin & potato mash plus the standard 3 steamed vegetables: carrot, cauliflower, brocoli.  To make the meal more exciting I went on the hunt for an interesting fish recipe and allrecipes.com.au came to the rescue. This crust mixture is just perfect. While eating dinner I brainstormed other uses for the crust: to stuff a portobello mushroom or tomato or on a grilled chicken breast. I seriously loved it and love the fact that one of the main ingredients are cornflakes! Definitely child friendly and you could substitute some of the ingredients for simpler ones if needed. 

So with the menu organised I invited some friends around, had a couple of bottle of wines and a perfect start to the Easter weekend. 


Here's what you need:
1 cup of cornflakes, crushed. I put them in a ziploc bag and crushed them up small with my hands
1 tablespoon chopped Italian basil
2 tablespoons grated parmesan (you could try cheddar cheese or another type)
1 tablespoon of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped up small (you could use standard tomatoes diced)
1 whole lemon zest
Olive oil
Fish - as I live in Thailand I am always cautious of the fish I buy. I used Dory fillets in this recipe.
*Any vegetables you want to cook to serve on the side

Here's what you do: (very easy)

Preheat your oven to 180c. Add your crush cornflakes and all other ingredients to a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Place your fish on a foil lined oven tray and drizzle some olive oil lightly over the fish pieces. Use your hands to press the mixture all over the top layer of the fisher. Drizzle again slightly with olive oil. Bake in the oven for about 12mins. That's it!
* recipe would cover 2 large fish fillets
** I served Crispy Chocolate Wontons for dessert






No comments:

Post a Comment