Monday, May 2, 2011

Strawberry, Banana & Yoghurt Popsicles!

It is sweltering hot here in Bangkok at the moment (90% humidity nearly every day) and motivated by my $1 popsicle container purchase the other day I decided to make these fruity popsicles before I went to bed last night. Super easy, super healthy and perfect for this type of weather. The ingredients below made 8 popsicles.

Here's what I used:
1 punnet of small strawberries
2 large bananas
1 cup of natural greek yoghurt



Here's what you do:
Wash the strawberries and cut the green tops off. Cut the strawberries in half and place in 1/4 cup of water on the stove for about 5 minutes to soften them up. While they are softening up, peel your bananas and slice. In a blender or Magimix, place the strawberries, banana and 1 cup of yoghurt and blend till the mix is smooth. Pour the mix almost to the top of your popsicle container (remember to leave some room at the top as it will expand in the freezer). Put in the freezer and leave for at least 4 hours or better yet, overnight.

This morning I ran some tap water underneath the popsicle containers to make it easier to pull them out. I think a silicone container would be easier but I have not seen any in the shops. These were a bit too cold for my son so I happily finished it off for him. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment